Thursday, December 10, 2009

Reviewing 8 days in Haiti
















The visit in Haiti was everything I hoped and much more. It was a learning trip for me. Each interview of people who knew and loved Ruth Blackwell taught me more. Home ten days, I'm still processing and still learning. This will take longer than expected.

I wanted to write summaries of all I witnessed: the traffic, the mountains, efforts for education, and mostly the wonderful people. This week I've spent more time on a website of a foundation supporting some of the educational efforts, and I am so impressed with the notes written by a couple of the board members following their visit to Haiti in October 2009. Their impressions were the same as mine. I want to share this organization's website and encourage you to check it out, especially the notes by the two board members about their Haiti visit in October. A paragraph from one these says about the work of the Mona Foundation, " I came away trusting in my heart that we at Mona Foundation are really not supporting simply schools or education. Rather, we are participating in the process of building a revised world, based on the principles of justice and compasssion in which service to others is a way of life, no child will go hungry for food or love, and no war is fought because of corrupt governments." For more go to: http://www.monafoundation.org/

So much good is being done out there in the world, and so much more needs to be done.

No comments: