Monday, August 3, 2009

Little bit, every day

Here's an update on The Book progress. I find I'd rather work on something directly connected to the book than write on my blog about the writing of it. Every day I'm spending some time on it, and I am not concerned about how much progress is happening. I'm just delighted to see that with consistent DAILY effort, there is definite progress. Now it's been three weeks.
It took ten days to transcribe a fireside by Ellsworth in Lauderhill, Florida, given in 1974. Some of this tape was not clear, and it was about one and a half hours in length, but it was a joyfilled project for me to type out the words. Then I transcribed journal notes by me on tape after a visit with Ellsworth and his family in Chicago in 1975, recent notes (2008) from a conversation with Dody Theriault-Chattin in Virginia Beach, and most of the interview with Carole Hitti in Farmington, NM, May 2008.
I am especially pleased that even as I had guests here at my home and we enjoyed three movies together, ate out a couple times, prepared fresh shrimp to eat here twice, had much time to visit and laugh and share, during those three days, I did more work on the book than any three day period so far. Hmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Patty said...

That's great, Mom. I'm happy you've found time, even with company, to consistently work on it each day.